Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine delivers its verdict!
“In alternating, interrelated narratives, Ephron delivers a suspenseful punch that kept me up all night reading.” “A cleverly plotted, well-orchestrated, and thoroughly engaging novel.”
– Steve Steinbock in “The Jury Box” on THERE WAS AN OLD WOMAN in Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine
Podcast interview with Hallie Ephron on Writer’s Voice with Francesca Rheannon
Hallie talks about THERE WAS AN OLD WOMAN with Francesca Rheannon on Writer’s Voice.
Hallie Ephron talks to WBZ’s Jordan Rich about THERE WAS AN OLD WOMAN
Listen to the podcast, Jordan Rich of WBZ radio interviewing Hallie Ephron about her new book, “There Was an Old Woman.”
Interview with Hallie Ephron on QATV (Quincy Cable)
Hallie talks to Joe Catalano about THERE WAS AN OLD WOMAN, a TV interview on QATV.
Blogs weigh in on There Was an Old Woman…
May 1: Interview with Hallie Ephron on CT Style
May 1 at 12:30 PM (EST) Teresa Barbera interviews Hallie Ephron on Connecticut Style, WTNH 8. Here’s me with the teleprompter…
THERE WAS AN OLD WOMAN – “It’s a story of trust, betrayal, madness…
Hallie on “Growing Up Ephron” in March “O” Magazine
In the March ’13 issue of The Oprah Magazine Hallie talks about “Growing Up Ephron” — with three talented, articulate sisters (Nora, Delia, and Amy), all coming of age in the shadow of a complicated, talented, unhappy mother.
Sometimes when people ask me about
Nora, I feel like saying, "You know,
there are three other Ephron sisters."
But to understand any of us, including
Nora, you'd have to start with our
mother -- a woman well ahead of her time.
Of all the Ephron women, she was surely
the most exceptional, for better and
Pre-publication buzz: “There Was an Old Woman”
- Publisher’s Weekly: A “touching novel of suspense.” Its “portrait of the intimate details of the inescapable consequences of age and alcoholism is as gripping as any traditional mystery.”
- Kirkus praises its “creepy vibe.” “Portraying the inner life of an aged widow struggling heroically against her limitation, it’s very good.”
- Booklist recommends its “characterization — particularly Mina, still sharp in her tenth decade — and the nicely detailed sense of place.”
Advance readers rave:
- There Was an Old Woman is “a terrific novel of contemporary domestic suspense.” — Sarah Weinman, @sarahw News Editor for Publishers Marketplace
- “Superb suspense and unforgettable characters make this an absolute muster-read. There Was an Old Woman is so good, I devoured it in one ravenous gulp!” … Tess Gerritsen, NY Times bestselling author of Last to Die
- “Hallie Ephron has an extraordinary talent for imbuing the ordinary with menace, and for creating wonderful, memorable characters. Mina, the old woman of the title shines. This is Ephron’s best book yet, and readers won’t be able to put it down.” … Deborah Crombie, NY Times bestselling author of No Mark Upon Her
- “Haunting. Compelling. Beautifully written. Hallie Ephron is the queen of secrets — and the star of suburban noir.” … Hank Phillippi Ryan, award-winning author of The Other Woman
- “Hallie Ephron hits a grand slam with this suspenseful tale of long-held secrets, family foibles, and human frailty. Ephron’s talents are on full display as her smooth prose paints colorful characters then slowly tightens its grip on your throat until you simply can’t put There Was an Old Woman down.” … Julia Spencer-Fleming, NY Times bestselling author of One Was Soldier
- “An utterly fresh story. Evie and her crew will keep you guessing and hoping and teetering between laughter and tears, all the way home.” … Jacquelyn Mitchard, author of The Deep End of the Ocean
Mary Higgins Clark Award nomination for COME AND FIND ME!
So exciting! “Come and Find Me” is a finalist for the Mary Higgins Clark Award! At least half the fun was getting to meet Mary (or HRH as we call her) again.
NEVER TELL A LIE adapted for film
“Never Tell a Lie’ has been adapted for film on the Lifetime Movie Network. ”And Baby Will Fall” starring Anastasia Griffith, Brendan Fehr, and Clea Duval.
Hallie talks about Novelist Sees Characters Brought to Life.