You’ll Never Know, Dear
Forty years ago, a little girl and her doll disappeared; today the doll comes back
BEST of 2017! Audiofile Magazine names YOU’LL NEVER KNOW DEAR a year’s best!
- BEST OF 2017! Audiofile Magazine rates YOU’LL NEVER KNOW, DEAR audiobook a BEST of 2017!!
- LitHub’s CRIME MUST-READ
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: “A captivating tale of suspense”
- Boston Globe: “Compelling” “Deftly integrates the mystery genre with women’s fiction.”
- Audiofile Earphones Award Winner: “A riveting suspense novel, and Amy McFadden’s narration is compelling.”
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: “Impressive storytelling skills on riveting display”
- Shelf Awareness: “You’ll Never Know, Dear is a grabber, a mystery ballasted by women on a mission and the ties that bind them. Ephron is sharp; she swerves around potential plot snags and tosses red herrings like a master.”
- New York Times Book Review: A “surprisingly gentle” story that tends “the layers of guilt and sorrow that burden a family”; a portrait of women “who rely on their doggedness and emotional bonds on a mission to restore family peace.”
- RT Romantic Times: “Uniquely intriguing” “Fast paced”
- Publisher’s Weekly: “Engaging portrait of three generations of bickering, bull-headed, but loving women challenged to become their bravest and best selves.”
- Library Journal: “A satisfyingly creepy read for fans of Southern Gothic fiction”
- The Criminal Element: An “irresistibly readable addition to the author’s impressive arsenal.“
- San Francisco Review of Books: “An engrossing and fast-paced novel that will hold readers’ attention while they try to figure out who is behind all of the mayhem.”
- Fresh Fiction: “What a great suspense to read, YOU”LL NEVER KNOW, DEAR written by Hallie Ephron is one that you will not want to miss!”
Livestreamed from BookExpo 2017
I'm live at #BookExpo in New York City talking about YOU'LL NEVER KNOW, DEAR. Ask me your questions now!
Posted by Hallie Ephron on Friday, June 2, 2017
Jungle Red Writers at Bouchercon 2017
NAME THAT RED Panel… decked out in our pashminas and lying up a storm
On the road with Janey’s doll
This doll is a gift from my friend Mary Alice Gallagher whose mother inspired Miss Sorrel in You’ll Never Know, Dear. She’s going places with me…
At the spectacular An Unlikely Story Bookstore in Plainville, MA, appearing with Joseph Finder and… The Wimpy Kid himself!
Book launch at Brookline Booksmith with Roberta Isleib (aka Lucy Burdette) & Hank Phillippi Ryan…
Book launch at the Milton Public Library…
At home in my office…
Melrose Library with librarian Diane Wall…
Savoy Bookshop and Cafe in Westerly RI with bookseller Elissa Englund and author Francine Matthews (Death on Nantucket)…
Nominated for the 4th time for the Mary Higgins Clark Award